Short on time and looking for the easiest (but still impressive!) fall appetizer? This simple recipe (if you can even call it that) is a go-to for me this time of year. My dear friend gave me the idea–I thought it was genius!
Paired with the ridiculously good Honeycrisp apples that are available now (my family says they actually “taste like fall”), and you have a sweet appetizer or even a healthy dessert. Adults and kids alike will love this… so easy and you can have fun with the presentation, too. Give it a try–I bet it won’t last long at your next party!
The only ingredients you need are CREAM CHEESE (I use light) and a tub of CARAMEL (I use light).
Follow these easy steps to make this simple dip:
1) Slice and coat your apples with lemon juice.
2) Spread the cream cheese in a dish. You might need to let it sit on the counter for a bit to let it soften first. (I usually use a glass dish with some sides since it helps the apples to stand up a bit.)
3) Cream cheese layer done!
4) Follow the instructions on the tub to warm the caramel slightly in the microwave so you can spread it. Pour it on top of the cream cheese.
5) Spread the caramel evenly.
6) Add your apples in any shape that you like. I usually go around the edge of the tray so the apples stand up. It makes for a nice presentation and it allows people to easily grab an apple slice without touching others.
There you have it… the easiest fall appetizer or healthy dessert ever! A perfect finger food for a fall event, Halloween party, Thanksgiving Day, or anytime!