As you can see below, the numbers 10 & 20 were generated.
Congrats to alishalfitz and mfothergill who left the 10th and 20th comment! I will be in touch with you both to get your addresses so your books can be sent to you ASAP! :) Yay! I can’t wait to hear what you think about this special book!!!
I am so excited to be giving away TWO copies of this awesome book just in time for Christmas!!! The Orange Shoes by Trinka Hakes Noble is my favorite children’s book of all time! Seriously–I love this book so much. My husband and I both get choked up each time we read it to our girls. I even read this book to my daughter’s second grade class once, and all the boys and girls hung on every word. We had a nice discussion about the book afterward, and I really felt like each child was inspired to do better and be kinder. This wonderful story touches on wants versus needs, bullying, finding the positive in every situation, and the love of family. It warms the heart and teaches valuable life lessons… I can’t say enough good things about it.
Sleeping Bear Press, the publisher of this great book and so many others (see this list of 100 Favorite Books that includes multiple books from Sleeping Bear Press) is donating two copies of The Orange Shoes, so there will be TWO winners for this giveaway! Woohoo!! And it couldn’t be easier to enter. See below for details and maybe you will have a free copy of The Orange Shoes to put under your tree for a very special child in your life. :)
* Teachers, this would also be a perfect book for your classroom!!
Simple One Step Entry:
* To enter, simply leave a comment below and tell me what special child(ren) in your life would love to receive The Orange Shoes!
(if you think you may forget to check back on 12/18 when the giveaway is over and I announce the winners, please leave your email address as well so I can contact you if you win.)
* US residents only. Must be 18 years of age or older. Sorry!
* You may enter only once. The winners are determined by the order in which comments are left. If randomizer.org generates the numbers 1 and 2, and you left the first or second comment, you win!
* This giveaway expires at 11:00 pm on Monday, December 17. Time determined by my computer. :) No more entries after that point.
* Winner will be announced Tuesday, December 18. If you remembered to leave your email address, I will contact you via email. If you forgot, you will have 24 hours to contact me. If no one claims your book, randomizer.org will generate a new number, and this process will continue until a winner comes forward. (Bottom line: don’t forget to leave your email address if you think you may forget to check back!)
* No purchase of any kind is necessary.
* Neither Harvard Homemaker, nor anyone who lives in her household (husband/daughters), may enter this contest.
* Good luck! Sleeping Bear Press will send the winners their books as soon as addresses are secured, so you should have your book in time for Christmas!!
Thanks for entering!