Memoirs of a Hamster by Devin Scillian and illustrated by Tim Bowers is absolutely hilarious! My girls smile and giggle the entire time we’re reading it, and my husband and I are right there with them. This book is just plain fun; that’s all there is to it! We did have a hamster at one point (RIP, little Sugar), so perhaps the personal connection makes it even funnier for us, but I really do think everyone will find this book highly entertaining! If you’ve ever had a hamster for a pet, this book is definitely a must-have!! It would also make a great gift for any child, especially those ages 4-8 or so. Trust me, they will think it’s great!
Sleeping Bear Press is generously offering four copies of the book; that means we’ll have FOUR WINNERS! Woohoo! (I’m a big fan of everything they print over at Sleeping Bear Press. The Orange Shoes, for example, is quite possibly our favorite children’s book ever. I was lucky enough to give that one away once, too!)
It’s easy to enter to win. Just a few clicks down below inside the widget! You could also try your hand at humor. If my kids and I think your caption for the below photo is extra special, you can win that way as well!
So, two winners will be chosen at random, and two winners will be determined by the comments left below.
CANADIAN FRIENDS: THIS MEANS YOU CAN ENTER!
Typically, my giveaways are for US residents only. I always feel badly about that, but the truth is that laws are different everywhere, so it simplifies things when I only need to worry about one set of rules. In Canada, for example, you can’t legally win something by chance; you have to “do something” that involves some type of skill. (Find more information about that here.) So, this time I’ve found a way to allow you to enter, too!
I’ve included in this post a picture of our hamster sitting on our dog’s head. (Yes, they were the two most patient pets on the planet, and we miss them dearly!) Please leave a comment below to caption the photo. I will let my kids help me choose two winners!
PLEASE NOTE: US AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS CAN BOTH CAPTION THE PHOTO BELOW. BUT CANADIAN RESIDENTS CAN NOT ENTER WITHIN THE WIDGET; THOSE WIDGET ENTRIES MUST BE US-ONLY BECAUSE WINNERS ARE DETERMINED SOLELY BY CHANCE.
Here’s a peek inside the book:
HOW TO ENTER:
1) US RESIDENTS ONLY: ENTER INSIDE THE WIDGET
There are various ways to enter within the widget below; you can choose to do one, or you can choose to do all of them. You get an extra “entry” for each action. Two winners will be selected randomly.
2) US RESIDENTS & CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY: CAPTION THE PHOTO!
You can also enter separately by simply leaving a comment below in order to caption the photo. Feel free to enter as many times you’d like with different captions. I will let my kids help me choose two winners, so perhaps you want to “think like a kid” in order to be entertaining! :) The two winning captions will also receive copies of the book. (* Canadian friends: by law in Canada, you have to “do something” to win. It can’t be random. That’s why this option allows you to take part!)
Caption the photo below to win!
* Leave all captions in the comments section below.
The most entertaining/clever two comments will each win a free book! Canadian friends, you can enter, too! Woohoo!!
* Only US residents can enter within the widget. Only US residents and Canadian residents can caption the photo to win. Must be 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law.
* This giveaway expires at 11:59 pm on Wednesday, October 16, 2013. Rafflecopter will generate two random winners. My family and I will choose our two favorite captions for the other two winners.
* Winners will be announced ASAP on Thursday, October 17, 2013. You will be contacted via email. I will also make an announcement on Facebook and via Twitter.
* You will have 48 hours to reply and claim your prize. For each winner who doesn’t come forward, I will repeat the process until we have a winner. I’m sorry if you discover that you won after 48 hours, but please understand that it can take lot of my time to track down a winner. Thanks, friends! All decisions made by me are final. Please keep in mind that a giveaway is meant to be fun! :)
* No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter this contest. Odds of winning at random are determined by how many entries there are. Odds of winning with your caption are determined by how many entries there are, and also by the entertainment value of your comment. You may comment as many times as you’d like.
* Prize fulfillment will come from Sleeping Bear Press. That is not the responsibility of Harvard Homemaker. The prize is a copy of The Memoirs of a Hamster, with a list price of $15.99 ($16.99 Canadian.)
* Neither Harvard Homemaker, nor anyone who lives in her household (husband/daughters), may enter.
* Good luck and have fun!!